Your professor has chosen to use Microsoft Stream so that you may upload your video assignment. Stream is Microsoft's video hosting platform that allows you to easily create, share, and interact with video content. Similar to YouTube, videos are typically created in an app outside of Microsoft Stream and then uploaded to Stream for sharing with others.
This article will demonstrate how you can upload an existing video file to share with your professor and peers.
For information on creating your screen recording directly in Stream, check out our Creating a Video in Microsoft Stream article.
Step 1: Access the Stream Channel for the Assignment
Your professor should provide you with a link to a Stream channel in your D2L course or assignment. If you cannot locate the link, please contact your professor.
- If you are not already logged in to office.com, you will be prompted to sign into Microsoft's login screen.
- Enter your full email address (including @live.kutztown.edu).
- You will be redirected to the KU login screen to complete your login.
- You should be taken directly to the channel where you will see any videos previously submitted students in your course.
Step 2: Upload Your Video
- Drag and drop your video file (.mp4 or .mov) in the space at the top of the channel. You can also click “select more files” to browse your device.
- The video will begin to upload. In the "Details" tab, customize the video name and description. You should not need to adjust any settings on “Permissions” tab.
IMPORTANT! Please do NOT check the box to “allow everyone in your company to view this video.
- Use the Options menu to toggle comments and captions. Please refer to your assignment instructions to determine if Stream commenting is required. Captions are recommended.
- Once the video has finished uploading, be sure to click the “Publish” button to save and publish the video to the assignment channel.
- If you were instructed by your professor to share the direct link to your video in D2L, you can click the “Share” button to copy the link. Post this link in D2L as directed.