Mediasite Channels allow video owners to organize presentations by category, topic, course, etc., and allow a group of videos to be shared via one link.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Creating a Channel
- Moving a Presentation to a Channel
- Viewing Channels
- Editing a Channel Name
- Sharing a Channel
- Deleting a Channel
Creating a Channel
- Click on "Channels" on the left (below your name). Then click the "Add Channel" button.
- Provide a name for the channel and a description (optional). You can also upload a thumbnail image to customize the channel page.
- Choose a theme and default sort order for the videos on the channel. Leave the "Channel Functionality" settings as the defaults. Click "Create Channel."
Moving a Presentation to a Channel
- Click "My Presentations" to return to return to the list of your presentations.
- Select a presentation that you wish to add to the channel.
- On the right, click "Move To."
- Select "Place this Presentation in a Channel" and choose the channel that you created from the list. Then click "Move Presentation."
- To view the channel, return to the "Channels" area on the left.
- Click on the channel name to view the channel. You can also add the channel to your sidebar by clicking "Favorite."
Editing a Channel Name
- To edit a channel, click on the channel name and then choose "Edit" on the channel page.
- Make any necessary updates and then click "Save Changes."
Sharing a Channel
- You can obtain the link to the channel to share by clicking "View."
- This will open the channel's page in a new window/tab. Copy the URL from the browser and post to D2L, email, etc.
Deleting a Channel
- To delete a channel, click on the channel name and then choose "Edit" on the channel page.
- Click "Delete" in bottom right of the edit screen.