This article shows the steps for downloading the Mediasite Capture App to your computer. The Capture App can be installed on KU or personal machines. If you are unable to install the Capture App, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Download the Recorder
- Navigate to http://kupmediasite.passhe.edu/mediasite/mymediasite/desktop-recorder/download and login with your KU credentials.
- Click the "Download" button.
- Save the installation file to your computer and open it.
Step 2: Install the Program
- Run the installer, following the on-screen prompts.
- The program will install with the name "Mediasite Capture" under "All Programs" in the Sonic Foundry folder on Windows and in the "Applications" folder on Mac.
Step 3: Register the Capture App
This important step associates the Mediasite Capture App software to your account so it knows where to upload the completed presentations.
- After the program has successfully installed, return to the download webpage and click the "Register" button. A launch application window will appear asking you to open the link in the Mediasite Capture App. Open the link.
- This will open the Capture App on your computer. Ensure that your email address is displayed at the top. If your email is not displayed in the top right, the software has not successfully registered to your account and the videos will not upload. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
You are now ready to start your first recording. For more information on the Capture App, see the Mediasite Capture App article.