Classroom Management Tips for Synchronous Classes
Modified on: Thu, 17 Jun, 2021 at 11:56 AM
CAs an Instructor
- Pause to prompt remote students for any questions. We suggest designating specific slots of time in the class session for single or multiple Q&A segments. This will help ensure that questions don't go unanswered. You might also consider creating a discussion forum in your D2L course so that students can submit questions after the meeting.
- The Rode microphone will work best at picking your voice but probably not others in the room, so repeat your questions if possible.
- Remain as close to the Owl as your teaching style allows.
- After several hours of speaking while wearing a mask your mouth and throat will be extremely dry. Drink plenty of fluids!
As a Student
- Speak clearly and loudly, especially if very distant from the Owl, such as in the back of the classroom.
- It is recommended that remote students wear headphones/headsets or earbuds for best audio quality.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.