Zoom is an online meeting platform that enables you to communicate with students and colleagues in real time.
Using Zoom in your face-to-face classroom? Contact the IT Help Desk for more information and technical assistance.
The KU Zoom portal can be accessed at https://kutztown.zoom.us/.
First Time Setup
- Check here for a checklist of supported and recommended hardware, operating systems, and browsers.
General set-up for all users
Participation via telephone
- Calling into a Session: participate via telephone.
- Report an Issue: contact Zoom technical support.
Using Zoom at KU
- Finding Your Way Around: Information on navigating Zoom.
- Joining a session: Instructors may schedule Zoom sessions inside or outside of D2L.
- Accessing Recordings: Information on accessing a recorded session (please note that not all sessions are recorded).
During a session
- Breakout rooms: Your Instructor/Host may assign you to a breakout room to facilitate small group collaboration.
- Chat: using public and private chat in Zoom.
- Co-hosting in Zoom: Your instructor/Host may promote you to a 'presenter' during a session. This role comes with elevated permissions for uploading and sharing content.
Not finding what you need? Visit the Zoom Help Center to view all of the available articles and videos.
Zoom for mobile
- Zoom for Mobile Devices: information on using Zoom on phones and tablets.