Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is a locked browser for use quizzes in D2L. In prevents you from printing, copying, going to another website, or accessing other applications on your device during a quiz. If a D2L quiz requires LockDown Browser, you will not be able to take the quiz with a standard web browser.
LockDown Browser should only be used for taking a quiz; it should not be uses in other areas of D2L.
Your professor may also require Respondus Monitor. It this case, you will be required to use LockDown Browser with a webcam and microphone, which will record you during your online exam. Your computer must have a functioning webcam and microphone. A stable broadband internet connection is also required.
- Once you begin a quiz, you cannot exit LockDown Browser until the quiz is submitted for grading.
- All campus lab computers have LockDown Browser preinstalled. If you are having trouble taking a quiz on your personal device, you should seek an on-campus computer to take your quiz.
- If you are using a personal device, be sure to download LockDown Browser from the D2L quiz only. Do not download LockDown Browser from any other location as it will not work.
Beginning a Quiz
- Close all programs on your device unless one is used to connect you to the Internet.
- Login to D2L using your standard browser, select your course, and navigate to the quiz.
- If LockDown Browser is not installed on your device, you will be prompted to download and install the browser now.
- Return to the quiz in your standard browser and open it to launch LockDown Browser.
- The quiz will begin. If the quiz is utilizing Respondus Monitor as well, you will be guided through the Startup Sequence. Follow the guide on the screen. If you run into any issues, use the “Help” option for assistance.
Remember, you cannot exit LockDown Browser until the quiz is submitted for grading.