The BearNet Secure wireless network provides a fully-encrypted wireless connection for KU faculty, staff, and students. BearNet secure is available in all residential and non-residential buildings on campus.
If you live on campus, there are more than 1,000 access points providing wi-fi connectivity. We strongly recommend that students living on campus use BearNet Secure for laptops, desktop computers, phones, and tablets.
Steps to Configure BearNet Secure
- Connect to any open network (e.g. ResNet WiFi, BearNet) and register your device if necessary.
- Navigate to https://securewifi.kutztown.edu in your device’s web browser.
- Your device type should be detected. Click Join Now.
- A small SecureW2 installer is downloaded. Open it if it doesn’t open automatically.
- You’ll be prompted for your KU username and password. (Note: Be sure to enter your KU username and NOT your entire KU email address.)
- The profile is automatically configured.
If you're connected to ResNet WiFi or BearNet, most devices should automatically switch to BearNet Secure once the above steps have been completed. Some devices (iPhones) do not automatically switch. In this case, please manually switch to BearNet Secure in Settings.
If you're not on campus when you install the certificate profile, you'll see a warning message that the device was unable to switch to BearNet Secure. No need to worry -- the device should connect automatically to BearNet Secure when you arrive on campus.
Once the security certificate profile is successfully installed, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Your device should automatically prefer BearNet Secure over any open network in the future.
Device-Specific Installation Instructions
Need additional help? View device-specific installation instructions by selecting your device type below.