Students Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


What happens to my account when I leave KU?

Outlook student email account
Your email address is yours to keep! Nine months after you graduate or leave KU, your account will be converted to an alumni account. At this time, you’ll lose access to Microsoft Office 365 and all other KU systems. However, your email address will remain the same and continue to work.

After six months of inactivity on your account, it will be disabled. If your email address is saved in Outlook or your phone's email app, it may appear inactive because you aren't regularly logging into or out of the account using Kutztown University's Single Sign-On. Be sure to log in using your web browser at least once every six months to ensure that the account stays active. Disabled accounts are eventually permanently deleted. 

If you do not intend to continue using your account after leaving KU, it is highly recommended to go through your various online accounts and transfer them to a personal email address! 


Microsoft Office 365 (Online Applications)

Nine months after you graduate or leave KU, your account will be converted to an alumni account. At this time, you will no longer be able to access any of the Office applications (including OneDrive) in a web browser. Be sure to download or migrate any content you wish to keep to another source.


Downloaded Office Applications
Microsoft Office 365 applications that are were installed on your computer or other devices will continue to work for nine months after you graduate or leave KU. When your account is converted to an alumni account, Office 365 applications will begin running in "read-only" mode. You can continue to use the Office 365 applications to open and read existing documents, but you won't be able to edit or create new documents unless you acquire a new Office 365 subscription, either personally or through your employer/school.

Files on university-owned servers
Any files that you have stored on university-owned servers will be removed soon after your departure. If you wish to retain these files, please move them to a personal cloud storage account or an external drive before you leave the university.

What can I do if my account has been deleted?

Once deleted, former students' accounts can only reactivate when re-enrolling at KU. Former students should refer to the following items or reach out to the IT Help Center at 610-683-1511 for assistance:

Official and Unofficial transcripts can be requested through Parchment, rather than MyKU. Learn more about Parchment here.

Course Information
D2L and other coursework-related questions should be directed towards your instructors.

Additional Questions

Additional questions, such as financial aid statements, should be directed to the appropriate KU Office.