Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment in D2L. When students use LockDown Browser to access a quiz, they are unable to print, copy, visit other websites, access other applications, or close a quiz until it is submitted for grading. Quizzes created for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with standard browsers.
Respondus Monitor is an add-on feature for LockDown Browser that uses the students’ webcam to record students during online, non-proctored quizzes. When this feature is enabled for a quiz, students are required to use a webcam and microphone with LockDown Browser. After the quiz is complete, the instructor can review details of the assessment and the recorded videos.
GETTING STARTED WITH RESPONDUS - FACULTY
- Overview of Respondus LockDown Browser (video)
- Preparing an Exam for Respondus LockDown Brower (video)
- Enabling Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor for a D2L Quiz (article)
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
- Overview of Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor (video)
- Taking a Quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor (article)
- Windows: 8, 10
- Mac: OS X 10.12 or higher
- *iOS: 11.0+ (iPad only)
- Web camera (internal or external) & microphone
- A broadband internet connection
*iOS and Chromebook require additional settings for the D2L quiz. Please check with your professors if you will be using an iPad or Chromebook for your quiz.
Faculty can register for a free training webinar on Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor.
Respondus support is available for issues with LockDown Browser or Monitor.